Dr Naidu has the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Medical Science (B.Med.Sci) – University of Natal.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh) – University of the Witwatersrand.
- Fellowship of the College of Physicians (FCP) – College of Medicine of South Africa.
- Master of Medicine (MMed) – University of the Witwatersrand.
- Sub-Speciality Certificate in Endocrinology and Metabolism (FSEM) – College of Medicine of South Africa.
He has a keen interest in thyroid, adrenal and pituitary disorders. Dr Naidu has been trained in thyroid ultrasonography and fine needle aspiration (FNA) by one of the leading thyroidologists in the United States and is one of the few Endocrinologists in the country who are trained in the specialised skill. Dr Naidu is also a lecturer at the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School in the Departments of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.